Oh well hi there! (How cute is this little ballerina? Sorry..had to.) This blog is filled with gems. Seriously, I went a little crazy. But, I think you’ll thank me by the end.
I am on Spring Break! Wooh let’s get cray cray. But actually, I’m in Albany. So…nothing will go down. But I am planning on catching up on all of my “Television programs” (as my grandma calls them), the wonderful FilmBuff movies I’ve been assigned to watch, and all of my trashy reading before my academic brain-killers. I also want to cook every meal for myself, in an attempt to know exactly what nourishment is going into my body and hopefully somewhat detoxing. Here’s what I made last night!
Here are five ways to stay creative! I really liked this. Very helpful and inspiring
This next recipe comes from one of my favorite bogs, Minimalist Baker. They are Healthy No Bake Cookie Bites! These look perfect for a day like today, AKA A blizzard during March day…why….
At least my friend Hannah is here watching FilmBuff’s movie, Missed Connections (A Review to come later!) Check out her Tumblr!
Go bold or go home, as The Wicked Ying so boldly puts it for this Spring’s Fashion! I really love this black and white outfit for a cute day walking around the city. Peplum is SO in. What do you think?
It’s been a while since I posted a new blog, and this is because life has been SO hectic. It’s midterm week here at the oh so lovely NYU. Spring break is so close and yet so damn far. Dylan is going to Australia. Yes, that’s right. While he’s in Sydney skydiving, I will be in Albany. Awesome Albany. Anyways, I have the 2013 Red Cross Fire + Ice Gala to look forward to! I will be sure to add lots of pictures of all the black tie gowns…which by the way, I still haven’t found mine. I’ve got issues.
Here’s a picture of what I wore last year, when my mom and I co-chaired the entire event!
This Saturday I babysat for the sweetest little girl, an 11 month old named Arielle. I hope it becomes a regular thing because she’s just too delicious.
ALSO, let’s back track even further, my wonderful childhood friend (last year we were still in high school- but oh how far away that seems) Lexi Fehervari came to visit me in New York! We had such a blast hitting up all of my favorite spots around the city. We went to Galanga for thai, then Cafe Reggio for coffee, and then the 9:45 show at the Comedy Cellar! We were falling off of our seats- our FRONT ROW seats. We were made fun of a couple of times, so basically we are A-list celebrities.
Now, lets get to the fun stuff. Ladies and gentleman what you’ve all been waiting for!!!!
Well, first I just need to congratulate Iowa Girl for breaking her pregnancy to her katrillion followers in the CUTEST WAY EVER.
Here are my dream shoes that I so sneakily put into this blog’s title. They’re just awesome. But totally irresponsible for New York. I step in so many sidewalk cracks that it’s honestly just mean to wear heels. Because heels have feelings.
If you think this needs some sort of introduction …. I can’t even. Sorry.
Oil wrestling. Nuff said ladies.
I want to watch this video every morning of my life. This brings such joy to my world.
How STUNNING was Meryl Strep? And she is still stunning. Natural. Beauty. I believe that Meryl is the most incredible actress that ever walked this planet. I know you think I over exaggerate a lot, but I am not exaggerating here. I fully mean that.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
(one of my favorite quotes)
It’s Marvelous, Miserable Monday!
Which one are you feeling today?
I think I’m going to have to go with Marvelous. I have just received news that my application has been reviewed and accepted, and I am officially the new Secretary of the American Red Cross Club at NYU! This is very exciting news for me…as I know you all know that I am absolutely in love with the Red Cross. Now it’s my turn to brighten your days!
- This video makes me miss Luke so much, but also reminds me of how wonderful and sweet boxers are. Also, it’d probably be an amazing idea to let this music play while you read the rest of this post. 24 seconds in…..just….can’t take it.
- Oh yeah, and it’s meatless Monday! So let’s all dig into these protein-packed chocolate chip cookies!! I like the decoration of the chips on the plate too 🙂
- So it looks like I can’t embed this video straight into the blog, but if you click on this link, you can watch this Febreze commercial that caught my attention. The wonderful featured family, who do not even realize that they are LITERALLY sniffing a garbage can is the Scott Family. How perfect. Gotta love the Scott’s.
- If you missed Baby Shakira yesterday, then you HAVE to see Baby Beyonce. This baby is male. I want my child to be this child. Best part is when he takes it to the floor.
- In honor of Ben Affleck’s recent wins at basically every award show this season, I thought it was time to take a walk down memory lane with both Ben Affleck and his ex-lover/best friend Matt Damon. Remember when they did Good Will Hunting?! One of my favorites of all time. They were such babies. And so cute. And didn’t even know what to do with themselves on the Red Carpet except talk to each other and laugh. If you want to see all of the adorable pictures of the two of them, click here!
- I’ve been going to my fair share of basketball games lately and one of my favorite teams is the Miami Heat. This could be because my brother goes to the University of Miami, or just because they made this Harlem Shake Video. I might just marry every one of these players. I LOVE THE HARLEM SHAKE. Thank you for letting me get that out.
I don’t know if I’m disturbed or obsessed with this video…all I know is that I can’t stop watching it.
Hope you all have a great lazy Sunday.
It is an absolutely lovely Saturday morning here on the Upper West Side of the big apple. Dylan got in yesterday (YES!!) and we went to a super close Nets game. But they lost. Against the Mavericks. UH. Very disappointing. But we had a really great time thanks to my wonderful father who hooked us up with great tickets, that included free food (chicken tenders anyone??) and a quick entry into the Barclays Center via a VIP line…totally felt famous for 5 seconds.
Dylan and I just got back from breakfast at the diner around the corner, where I had a spinach, broccoli and cheese egg white omelette. De-lish. Dylan had his classic 2 eggs over easy with toast and home fries. Such a guy.
Hopefully we will do something super fun again tonight- but those plans are up in the air. I will fill you in after this weekend is over and Dylan departs once again 🙁 Oh, and the reason I’m writing this long blog today is because Dylan decided to wait until the last minute to fill out some application for something. So, here we go!
- I adore the Today Show and now that the TV in the dorm is FINALLY working, I can watch it every morning! It has been just a slight nightmare for me and Francesca. On Friday, all of the anchors (who I feel I personally know) brought up the fact that during Hurricane Sandy and the blackout, there has been a 30% increase in pregnancies. Hence: The Blackout Baby Boom. If only you could see how awkward on set it got when Willie Geist said “Isn’t it funny how when the lights go out, we all just start having sex with each other?” And then the studio went dark. Good times.
- No words. So precious. So, I guess words. Yeah. I love this. Anyone can LOVE ANYONE. This proves it. Tiger + Chimp forever.
- I’ve been meaning to mention FilmBuff for some time now. I have an internship at this AMAZING film company this semester and it has been quite a film-lovers dream. I am assigned to actually watch brand new independent films (WHAT!!), do marketing research on these hand-picked gems and POSSIBLY run into major celebs in the office. What. Yes. This is a very fulfilling position. Everyone who works at FilmBuff is….a film buff. And they’re all so nice and accommodating. It’s also my first time venturing into a new neighborhood- Chelsea! I am genuinely enjoying my time here and so I will be recommending a movie or two when they are finally released on all of FilmBuff’s many platforms (Hulu, Netflix, VOD, etc.) For todays recommendation, if you are a baseball fan or a sports fan in general, I highly recommend Knuckleball! I am not what you would call a sports fan, and even I cried at the end of this very well-done documentary.
- Here is where I give a little shout-out to my Portuguese heritage. I have never been to Portugal, but I have seen many photos and one thing I’ve always noticed is that the houses, architecture and over-all landscape of the country is stunning. I was looking for some crazy knock-your-socks-off abode when I came across this quaint, sweet and lovely house in Portugal. How gorgeous is this color?
- I put this next dish into the title of the blog because it just sounds so scrumptious that I knew people couldn’t stay away. I really like this blog: Eat. Drink. Love. This pasta looks so light and healthy.
- You’re all about to get very, very mad at me. But these Brownie Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are simply for pleasure alone. Don’t even try to count the calories. Just enjoy the moment.
- So I’m in a foodie mood today if you couldn’t tell. And I’m all over the place. One minute I’m preaching pasta, the next brownies and now Delicious Chicken Wonton Soup. I am probably always in the mood for soup, actually. Who isn’t? It is just guaranteed to make us feel better in every way possible.
- I love JLaw. Quite a bit. As you know from my previous post where I decided we were meant to be best friends. She is so personable and down to earth. I thought her gown was stunning at the Oscars, and when she fell on her way up to receiving her Oscar, I quietly thought to myself that the dress looked very beautiful all fanned out around her. It wasn’t a very embarrassing fall. And then I found this picture and I was like OMG YES I AGREE. MAKE THIS HAPPEN. What a defining moment in someones life. This photo captures so much emotion. And it would be quite the ad for Christian Dior.
- I’ve been sort of addicted to the new show on ABC called…..Nashville. Here’s what I need to say about it.
|Best. Scene. Ever.|
- I know this post has been long, so let’s wrap it up with a wonderfully entertaining list called: 42 People You Won’t Believe Actually Exist. Lets just say I was crying I was laughing so hard. Love you all!
It’s a rainy day here in New York. I am tired. It is cold. I had an 8 am. That’s what my mood is right now. But hopefully, I will be cheered up as I share with you my weekly internet finds.
Since it’s raining out, I almost mindlessly started searching for rain boots. I thought these were very cute. I like the red. Are these even rain boots? I am delirious from this day.
Can we go back to Valentines Day? Where it was acceptable to eat an unnecessary amount of chocolate? I have no idea why Bed, Bath and Beyond had a soufflé recipe on their website…but I came across it and so I thought I’d share it with any people who were still missing the I’m-in-love-with-hot-melty-gooey-chocolate…and-I-don’t-need-a-man-day.
If you haven’t gotten a grip on my mood yet…pretty sure by this next carb-filled desire of my mine, you will. Who in their right mind wouldn’t devour this Fettuccine with Tomato-Cream Sauce?
I’m sorry…is this thing real? Why don’t I have one.
I don’t think there is any amount of motivation strong enough to get me to the gym today…but I found this list of “10 Easy Ways to Sneak in a Workout” for all you hopefuls out there.
I am so amazed at this artist, Takahiro Iwasaki, who makes these tiny little sculptures out of wires and thread and other insane materials. Check out this page of all his creations!
Love you Jennifer.
Love you Silver Linings Playbook.
Love you Jack Nicholson for hitting on Jennifer.