1. So I realize we are in the 4th (5th?) episode of the second half of Season 5 Breaking Bad now…but let’s please discuss. I basically am loving it. A lot. I feel like I’m not breathing throughout most of the episode. Which I suppose is a good thing? When is something going to blow up already? I have to admit I was pretty damn disappointed that I was deemed “Jesse” in the Which Breaking Bad Character Are You quiz. Also, do this Breaking Bad Workout game.
Let’s just cap this season off with Walt Jr. being like “I WAS THE DRUGLORD THE ENTIRE TIME” or something crazy (even though that’s literally not even a real thing that could ever happen).
2. I joined a gym that’s way too cool for me. It’s called Clay. I want to run into Susan Sarandon there and actually make eye contact the second time around. I also heard a rumor that Cameron Diaz works out there….kill me…who wants to work out next to that? I am digging the little cafe inside the gym. I’m going to end up just eating and not working out. This is beginning to seem like a terrible, terrible idea.
3. Christian Grey….I am more than completely okay with this.
4. Oh, I probably should have begun this post with the most exciting/ridiculous/YASDKJSA news that I have ever gotten. I AM INTERNING AT COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE. First day is Thursday. Wish me luck!!! I might pass out in the Hearst Tower and then they’ll be like sorry you clearly can’t handle the level of how amazing we are. Here are some of the ideas I had to pitch to get the gig:
5. Random subject change, forget all of the prejudices you had against wallpaper…check out Flat Vernacular. Just wow.
6. Maps About Nothing. They should have a lot more pride…these maps are incredible and I can’t even imagine how much work they took! I am actually planning on going around New York to find all of the places on the Seinfeld map.
7. Buying these Cannon Salt & Pepper Shakers right NOW. This is the nerdy side of me in full form.
8. For all you Tarantino fans: Why ‘Pulp Fiction’ is Secretly About Parallel Universes
9. These gorgeous Reiss Shorts were featured on Polyvore’s Daily Find. I have the pants version 🙂
10. Touching story about a 911 call.…makes me appreciate the bonds between women.
11. Handmade skincare…it can be done! …according to this article. Will I ever actually take the time to do this? NOPE! But maybe you will! And then send some to me 🙂
12. This list of must-have apps is actually very helpful. I recommend downloading them all.
13. I want this. I have a problem with buying. Ever since working at Reiss, I feel steaming is the best medicine for wrinkles! No more ironing boards! BURN THEM! (i need to chill)
14. Lastly, if you want to buy me a birthday present (THIS FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 6th!!) I would very much enjoy this Gourmet Olive Oil from Portugal (my homeland, yo).
Tomorrow is my first day of class of my second year at NYU! 8 am bright & early! Hope all is well with everyone 🙂
I like these sketches of timeless dresses. I think my favorite is the Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I think I aspire to be Audrey Hepburn. Or at least look like her.
I have an overwhelming desire to take a cupcake making class. Wouldn’t that be fun? And if I’m learning a new skill, then it is absolutely acceptable for me to eat an entire batch of cupcakes. On GroupOn actually, I found a Cupcake Making Class at Butter Lane Cupcakes. Banana PLEASE.
It is a glorious Saturday here in the beautiful capital city of New York. It feels good to be back in Albany. Dylan is on his way home from Boston as we speak. Yesterday, Sahana, Mrs. Tate and I went to one of those flipped houses where all the local designers go in and completely re-vamp a house. It was stunning. Breath-taking. After, we went to the Greek Festival at St. Sophia’s. The food was amazing. We all gorged ourselves (as usual). AND THEN if eating a pound of baklava wasn’t enough- Sahana and I went back to her house and MADE A CAKE. Why? With chocolate chips added….we have a real problem.
The Chaudhry Gals and the Scott Gals leave for Miami on Wednesday so that should be a blast! Pictures to come.
1. Here’s a list of 14 Healthy Snack Foods. They’re pretty manly. So perhaps watch out girls.
To start, my heart goes out to everyone in Boston affected by these tragic bombings. Dylan and his friends were one subway stop away from the finish line when they were all of a sudden kicked off and told what happened. Lots of friends at BC, BU, etc. I know it must be a really tough time over there and I love you all.
1. Here are 25 books every kid should have on their book shelf. Notables: Matilda, Half Magic, Madeline
I am an NYU graduate starting her own business in the social sector! I love nights out at The Comedy Cellar with coffee and dessert at Cafe Reggio, just as much as I love to stay in and binge-watch Orange is the New Black with Chinese takeout. If you love to do it all (while looking mega-chic) Miss City Discovers is your weekly MUST-read! Read More…