4. Oh god. How horrible is this? I feel like it should have come out of Miss Congeniality.
5. Hey all you sun bunnies! Is that a thing? Well, read this article about why sunscreen really DOES count!
6. Holly Golightly’s Apartment in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ Teaches Us 9 Important Lessons.
7. I still don’t think I have the guts to wear these type of pants, but I can appreciate their coolness from afar.
8. Just Peachy Green Smoothie. This sounds so amazingly refreshing.
9. I win. I found the best Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe that ever existed. You are so so welcome.
10. Why DOES acne still exist? Young and old alike have been battling these tiny irritants since like forever. Shouldn’t we have figured out a way to stop it by now? Lol sorry I went from Roast Beef to Acne.
11. I tried to make this Nutella Mug Cake, and it just did not taste good at all…honestly I was really lazy and probably didn’t take the actual necessary steps but STILL. I tried. And it was like ew.
12. This is over (even though it weirdly says it’s an all-year round thing??) but HOW SCARY AND INSANE DOES THIS SOUND? I really want to go. But Dylan is terrified of this stuff so I definitely couldn’t take him. He would say “That sounds stupid” in order to avoid this awesome haunted house.
13. I kind of want to do this Essential Edibles Cleanse. And before you say, “Jordan remember when you tried to do the juicing 2 day cleanse, and didn’t make it past 1 pm of the first day?” Yeah, I recall that terrible time in my life. BUT in this one, you get to eat! Like organic food. And then you take these pills, which sounds kind of not good but it sounds easy so I want to do it.
14. Knot Free Ties. I need them.
Enjoy this video of Kai Singing When I Was Your Man on Ellen!
I like these sketches of timeless dresses. I think my favorite is the Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I think I aspire to be Audrey Hepburn. Or at least look like her.
I have an overwhelming desire to take a cupcake making class. Wouldn’t that be fun? And if I’m learning a new skill, then it is absolutely acceptable for me to eat an entire batch of cupcakes. On GroupOn actually, I found a Cupcake Making Class at Butter Lane Cupcakes. Banana PLEASE.
- David Sedaris. Why do I keep hearing this name? Apparently I need to get with it and read one of his incredible essays. His name did make it on to the list of 17 Summer Must-Reads I included in my last post. I managed to dig up this article he wrote called Long Way Home. He is quite funny.
- As a pancake addict, why have I never heard of Dutch Babies? Making these tomorrow.
- Cupcakes and Cashmere blogger, Emily Schuman, occasionally does a post on her blog called Crave or Save where she finds a very expensive product (could be shoes, a dress, etc.) and also includes a much more affordable look alike. I like this idea. I may try it out myself. I really like both her options for a chunky mid-heeled sandal.
- Kale Bacon Quiche with Hash Brown Crust. Do I even need to explain this one? If it looks like pizza, then I’m eating it.
- For all you photographers out there, I came across this little slice of heaven called The Photojojo Store. But since I don’t have any real confidence in my photo-taking abilities, I only really desire the coffee mug that looks like a camera lens.
- Mojito Jello Shots. Super refreshing and light for summer.
- 7 Things You Can Still Do After Your Dead. Honestly, there are some good ideas in here. I would not mind being made into a diamond ring. Not at all.
- There is a short series going on at the Film Society of Lincoln Center called Open Roads: New Italian Cinema 2013. If you are in New York and looking for a fun weekday night, I’d say this is a winner. So Italian.
- 5 Nutrients You Need For Energy: Vitamin E, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, and Magnesium. Read why and what foods to eat in order to get these lifesavers by clicking on the link.
- While we are being healthy, here are some delicious looking Superfood Combinations. I’m all over the healthy skin recipe.
- The Right To Bare Arms Upper Body Workout. Clever name, Fitness Magazine. Touché.
- I am a lover of the website GoodReads.com and I love their monthly email of books that they called “Movers and Shakers”. Here is the June list. My mom texted me about The Shining Girls, so I know that must be a good one.
- I just adore the blog How Sweet Eats. Jessica has a funny wit that comes right through the computer. Her latest recipe is Crispy Buffalo Style Quinoa Sliders with Sweet Corn and Scallions. How does she come up with this stuff??
- This is either a mood improver or downer. Decide for yourself. This guy saw a girl on the Subway, and had some sort of Love at first Sight connection, so he made this website: NY Girl of My Dreams and he actually was reunited with her! They went out. The relationship lasted for 2 months and now it’s over. I think I would have been more creeped out than flattered.
My diet/workout regime is starting June 1st when I move back to NYC! These last few weeks have been filled with mouthwatering cheeseburgers, chocolate chip pancakes and endless chinese BUT it is time to replenish and cleanse and start anew! I’ve been scouring the internet for awesome workouts, healthy recipes and awesome motivational tips to help get started and I thought I’d share a few with all of you!
1. Since you all know my obsession with The Walking Dead, I thought this was fitting. So while you’re catching up on the show- try this!
2. If you need some good ol’ structure, try this baby out. I like schedules. A lot. Hi, I’m a Virgo.
It is a glorious Saturday here in the beautiful capital city of New York. It feels good to be back in Albany. Dylan is on his way home from Boston as we speak. Yesterday, Sahana, Mrs. Tate and I went to one of those flipped houses where all the local designers go in and completely re-vamp a house. It was stunning. Breath-taking. After, we went to the Greek Festival at St. Sophia’s. The food was amazing. We all gorged ourselves (as usual). AND THEN if eating a pound of baklava wasn’t enough- Sahana and I went back to her house and MADE A CAKE. Why? With chocolate chips added….we have a real problem.
The Chaudhry Gals and the Scott Gals leave for Miami on Wednesday so that should be a blast! Pictures to come.
1. Here’s a list of 14 Healthy Snack Foods. They’re pretty manly. So perhaps watch out girls.
Now that finals week is practically over, I can actually take a breath and get back to blogging! I cannot believe my Freshman year is over. It flew by. Spring semester did not happen. I’m sooo excited to start the summer though. Dylan and I will be living uptown! He got an incredible internship at Pegasus, and I’ll be working at some cute boutique most likely to earn a little extra cash!
I am on a slight high, as during breakfast this morning at an adorable little place called RBBTS with Britt, GIRLS was filming ON THE STREET. I spoke to Jessa (Jemima Kirke) on my way in…because, lets face it, I can’t keep my mouth shut around my fav celebs. She was filming a scene with Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet) and of course Shosh was all anxious and disgruntled about something while Jessa smoked a cigarette and didn’t seem to care! What else is new?!
1. Sorry. Too cute not to share.