Amazon is an animal that I like to consider my friend. I say it’s an animal because it’s a baller company, and because it acts like a comfort from the pet I don’t have because my landlord is stupid and will not allow anything but fish. Honestly, I don’t even know if they allow fish but guess what, we have them. And our fish are causing a lot of drama – probably more than a dog would. Legit BABIES, affairs and MURDERS all day.
Anyways, I know a lot of people have hard feelings towards Amazon — because people have hard feelings towards lots of businesses that are successful. But that’s only what makes our friendship stronger; we face the haters together.
Amazon is my friend every day of the year, but there’s one day of the year where it’s kind of like Amazon’s Birthday. And my birthday. All wrapped up into one explosion of too much money being spent. But also happy packages coming to the door in 1-2 business days. And that day is Prime Day. Where Amazon showers me with the things I want. Below are my favorite things (CAPITALISM and MATERIALISM YO!) on Amazon that I will likely be buying this Prime Day. Bare with me on this weird order. This is how I shop. THE DEALS ARE EVERYWHERE GAH.
Because drinking water is so much more fun to do with pretty straws. And a huge goal of mine this year is to drink more water!
I love my books and I always will. And I’ll even recommend a few that I want to buy from Amazon as well on this Prime Day — but I also love Kindles. And I literally have one from like 2009, which is insanely old. And now they’re so affordable! And beautiful. And easy and light. If you don’t have a Kindle, Prime Day is the day to get one.
- A Pretty Smelling Deodorant like this lavender one.
All of the books I want:
- Maestra (Because my beautiful friend Rose – a real human – told me this book was Gone Girl meets Fifty Shades so ya)
- Before the Fall (Because neither of my parents will stop talking about this book)
- On Writing (So that I become a bestseller one of these days like Stephen King)
- Roseanna: A Martin Beck Police Mystery (Because a guy in a real life bookstore told me this shit was CRAY)
- Midwinter Blood (Bookshop guy also told me this was a great series to dive into, and since it’s the middle of summer it sounded perfect!…)
- And Then There Were None (Because I’M FINALLY GETTING INTO AGATHA CHRISTIE AND I’M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT)
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Apparently an underrated Agatha book)
- The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship (Because I’m starting my own business and this came highly recommended)
- In Cold Blood (Holy moly this book was intense – I’m putting it on this list because if you haven’t read it, SHAME like GoT)
- The Catcher in the Rye (I also just finished reading this for the first time — I know, embarrassing — but if you haven’t read it, READ it. It’s only $5!)
- Some effing Blister Band-Aids to save my damn life because New York City and my cute shoes are actually draining me of blood.
- Fanny Pack meet kick my ass into shape thing: FITT Gear Running Belt
- I swear to the people in heaven above and whoever else that this is the most gorgeous and delicious tea ever. And I never drink tea. I’m a coffee chick. Why are these little tea packets making me feel like I’m legit Mia Thermopolis status royal. Mighty Leaf Tea Variety Pack
Uh I hate how much I want this but I DO. It’s so awesome! I LOVE GOOD IDEAS.
The best pens. Been using them since I discovered them in ’12. You’re welcome. User warning: these awesome pens get lost as easily as all other pens, but they’re still the best.
I know I have unrealistic expectations for this shower head, since I imagine once it lovingly dribbles water over me I’ll have perfect, glowing skin and silky hair — but I feel like it still has to be better than the rust-stained thing in my shower right now.
I’ve been waiting to buy this stuff for months on Prime Day, because Nick’s sister Dayna says it has been absolutely magical for her body and skin.
And I’m going to leave it there! Happy Priming everyone!